I am babysitting this girl, and I really don't want to get strep since she has it. How can I avoid it?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Stay Away
24-48 hrs of antibiotics seem to elimate the contagious phase.
Otherwise avoidance is the best policy.

In brief: Stay Away
Otherwise avoidance is the best policy.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Good hygeine
Avoid contact of your hands with your mouth and face, do not eat or drink after the person, wipe down surfaces with soap and water or disinfectants as allowed and keep your fingers out of your mouth.
Try to avoid mouth contact with the other person such as kissing or licking and any objects they may have touched (toys). Avoid exposure to sneezes, etc. It is by contact that you contract strep.

In brief: Good hygeine
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Adam Levy