In an adenoidectomy of a child what are the possibilities of needing a blood tranfusion during surgery?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Near to zero
Although it is theoretically possible in the case of unsuspected bleeding disorders or really botched surgery, in my 26 years of ENT i've never heard of a case.

In brief: Near to zero
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Minimal
If you are seeing a reputable ENT physician, are getting care in a reputable hospital or surgery center ? Using a reputable anesthesiologist, the risk is minimal.
Proper screening and examination and appropriate testing for bleeding disorders ? A thorough review of medications being taken should be done. Ask questions and seek a second opinion as needed or if unsure. Ask how many have occured?

In brief: Minimal
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Katharine Cox
Agree infrequent in the best setting. Ask your ENT provider. Tonsillectomy usually causes more bleeding.
Dr. Cindy Juster