Is it possible to treat mild cystic acne without accutane?

Yes. Other options include oral antibiotics such as Doxycycline and minocycline. You coule also use Retin-A (tretinoin) which is the topical version of Accutane (isotretinoin). Also the cysts can be injected with a dilute corticosteroid medication called kenalog (triamcinolone). Laser treatment for cystic acne is still somewhat investigational and probably would not be covered by insurance.
Yes. On the face laser can be helpful .In a series of 3-4 sessions the cysts can be reduced or flattened. Topical medications may still be necessary after wards depending on how responsive the acne is to laser treatment. Dietary changes avoiding sugar and simple carbs is also helpful as well as the addition of vitamins containing zinc and niacinamide.