I am a 60 year old woman. I have indigestion and a pain on the left side upper chest could this be a heart attack?

Dr. Ivan Ackerman
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Pos heart attack

Could be heart related would check it out with professional also GI related ie esophageal reflux possible also.

In brief: Pos heart attack

Dr. Ivan Ackerman
Dr. Ivan Ackerman
Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Possibly

Your symptoms sound more like dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing, which may be due to a stricture or swallowing dysfunction of the esophagus.
You should have this evaluated by a gastroenterologist.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Marc Hirsch

In brief: Possibly extra beats

It is always wise to look into any pain above the waist as if it were coming from your heart.
At 60 it would be smart to get to a doctor for an ekg and maybe a stress test and an examination. It could just be indigestion, but it would be foolish to ignore your heart.

In brief: Possibly extra beats

Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Adam Levy