Could a clogged vena cava filter result in a heart attack and hep c and cause open ulcers on the bottom part of legs to not heal?

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Yes and no

An obstructed vena cava will not cause hepatitis c.
It can lead to poor venous return and peripheral edema, causing venous ulcerations of the legs with poor healing.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: See below

It's extremely unlikely that a clogged vena cava filter would result in a heart attack, which is a result of clogged arteries in the heart not veins.
I haven't heard of hep c causing leg ulcers. But if you have severe vein disease which is quite possible with a clogged filter, then open ulcers in your legs is very possible. These are called venous stasis ulcers. You should see a vascular surgeon.

In brief: See below

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Umesh Patel