My 3yr old son had a PDA a closure and has a diagnosed coronary fisula which is being monitored. His head sweats a lot when sleeping.How can I help?

Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: See below

There are lots of causes for sweating and cardiac disease is one cause.
However the lesions you mention should not be causing this. I would make sure no obvious causes like room to warm, over dressed or too many blankets. If not the case you should discuss with the pediatrician to address other causes for the sweating.

In brief: See below

Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Matthias Peuster
If the coronary fistula is large tge symptoms can be related to it. Discuss with your cardiologist.
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Get Checked

The history of a coronary fistula should lead us to be cautious.
However, sweating when sleeping would not be a common way in which a problem showed itself. Rather, sweating with activity would be more concerning. Nevertheless, please bring this up with the cardiologist and pediatrician. You should rule out any residual heart issue and remember that it may be unrelated as well.

In brief: Get Checked

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery