I woke up with a very sore throat. Guessing it's a cold. How many more nights of dry, sore throat will I have to endure? I'm trying to drink lots.

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Colds usually last for a week but can linger up to 2 weeks.
If you're sick for longer than 2 weeks - despite all your TLC - it's time to talk with your doc about what else might be going on. ::passing you the chicken soup and kleenex::.

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. SANGITA PARAB

In brief: Fluids, not enough.

Sore throat can be caused by viral or bacterial infections among various other reasons.
Bacterial infections need to be treated promptly with antibiotics. If you have fever and swollen glands in the neck you should rush to your doctor.

In brief: Fluids, not enough.

Dr. SANGITA PARAB
Dr. SANGITA PARAB
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine