Is an EKG a good diagnosis tool for heart attack?

An EKG is ONE tool! First of all, if you are currently having symptoms of chest pain, chest tightness, shortness of breath, nausea, indigestion, jaw pain or pain in the arms, stop reading and dial 911. An ekg is one piece of information. But certain blood tests look for chemicals produced by injured heart muscle, echocardiograms look for poor heart wall movement, and angiograms look for blockages in vessels. Lgromko.
Good, not complete. An ekg is a good diagnostic tool, but a more complete diagnosis would interpret the ekg along with results of blood tests and perhaps an echocardiogram.