I have a small red rash like spot on the upper lift of my left eye. It's tender and isn't going away?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: See an eye doctor

This can represent an allergy, an infection or an inflammatory process.
If the spot is on the eyelid it needs to be treated differently than if it is on the eye itself. In either case, you should have an eye doctor evaluate it so that the appropriate treatment can be started.

In brief: See an eye doctor

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Allen Fein

In brief: Get it looked at now

Sounds like you have given it enough time to go away on its own already, so have it seen now by your physician.
If warm compresses do not resolve such skin findings quickly, you may need antibiotics, or perhaps even a special intervention by a dermatologist or opthalmologist to better understand the cause of the spot, and to receive the appropriate treatment, which could be as simple as freezing.

In brief: Get it looked at now

Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein