I have some raised circular rashes on my legs and thighs. Can you tell me what is causing it ?

Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark

In brief: Probable fungus

If the rash is raised, reddish on the cicunference and regular skin color in the center, this sounds like "ringworm".
Ringworm is not caused by a worm but is a fungal infection called tinea corporis. It is common and treatable with topical antifungals. You can try the creams used for athlete's foot or see a doctor for prescription. One source of the infection is pets. Have them checked.

In brief: Probable fungus

Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark
Dr. Theresa-Ann Clark
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Nummular Eczema

Nummular eczema is an allergy-related disorder in which itchy, coin-shaped spots or patches appear on the skin.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors the cause of nummular eczema is unknown, but there usually is a personal or family history of: allergies asthma atopic dermatitis other possibilities are fungal inections and psoriasis.

In brief: Nummular Eczema

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher