Broke pelvic ramus 2mo ago. Saw gp yest who said CT showed rear one healed but front one still somewhat cracked. Prescribed calcium chews but not pt?

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine
In brief: pelvic fracture
You might want to see an orthopedic doctor instead of your gp if you have further questions.
Generally, with these types of injuries you can bear weight as tolerated and as pain allows immediately. I would suggest pt to help with ambulation if you are struggling.

In brief: pelvic fracture
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Daniel McGee
In brief: True
Some pt modalities such as ultrasound and electric stimulation are contraindicated in fractures as they can impede bone healing.
One would have to be very careful using therapy in a case of pelvic fracture to avoid displacement and delay proper bone fusion.

In brief: True
Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine