What is the treatment for cerebral infarct with reportedly 80% brain dead and what is the chance for survival and recovery of consciousness?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Brain infarct
This is a grave condition.
Speaking with the attending physicians and staff are your best source of information and answer to your questions.

In brief: Brain infarct
This is a grave condition.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Unclear
There is a very limited time window for the treatment of an acute stroke - normally less than 8 hours.
I am unclear as to what 80% brain dead actually means since the prognosis for recovery after a stroke is more dependent on the location and brain structures involved than a numerical value, however I have to concede that 80% brain tissue with a complete infarction comes with a poor prognosis.

In brief: Unclear
Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Dr. Eric Weisman