What are the side effects of chantix ?

In brief: Psychiatric SE's
As a psychiatrist I am very concerned about patients with mood disorders taking this medication.
I have had patients become suicidal and homicidal while on this medication.

In brief: Psychiatric SE's
Dr. Mara Fiorentino
On the other hand, if there is no side effects, it is a great medication for stop smoking.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See below
All the rest of the symptoms typically attributed to it probably come from not smoking.

In brief: See below
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: A few
The most common side effects are nausea and vivid dreams.
There is data that Chantix can cause irrational thoughts, possibly increasing the risk of suicide, but I have not seen this clinically. The medicine blocks nicotine receptors in the brain. Years of exposure to the chemicals in tobacco smoke, then blocking those chemical receptors, can cause many side effects, depending on the patient.

In brief: A few
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Adam Smith