I have a second degree and a little bit of third degree burn on the right side of my waist. Can i swim with waterproof dressing?

Dr. Ken Kingdon
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: No

Not a good idea as waterproof dressing will at the very least trap moisture, and more likely will come loose and expose the burn ( which is an open wound) to the numerous bacteria present in almost all the water types you might swim in and this could cause a serious infection.

In brief: No

Dr. Ken Kingdon
Dr. Ken Kingdon
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: No

With any serious burn, you must keep the affected area free of all possible bacterial contamination.
Good luck!

In brief: No

Good luck!
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer