Fluconazole cured my first yeast infection. Then I got another one or it came back after my boyfriend fingered me. Why? We use condoms during sex.

Vaginal flora. The ph (acidity/alkalinity scale) is kept constant by "good bacteria" (doderlein's bacilli) at between 4.5 to 5.5. Mechanical manipulation/sex can change the ph as well as harsh soaps, douches & sex toys. Unclean hands can also contrubute. Local vaginal yeast rx's are more effective than systemic oral meds like Fluconazole that go all over the body before it makes it to the vagina.