I am a 67 yr. Old man, I smoke, I have diabetes, I have also has a stint put in, I was told I have low blood what does that mean?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: Anemia

Low blood usually refers to anemia, which means you don't have enough red blood cells or enough iron in your blood.

In brief: Anemia

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Anemia

"low blood" is usually meant to denote anemia, where your body is not making enough red blood cells.
This has many, many causes and your doctor should do further testing to determine the cause. If you care about living longer, stop smoking. The time to quit is before you have your final heart attack, and quitting can extend both your life and your health. Talk to your doctor about quitting!

In brief: Anemia

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology