Can airplane cabin pressure harm my baby?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: No...but
The changes in cabin pressure as the plane rises and falls can make a child miserable.
You and I have learned how to equalize the pressure in our middle ear as the pressure increases or decreases. This is impossible to explain to a child. I found that having full "sippy" cups at take off and landing, and making the child drink from them, decreased the pain for both child and parents. Good luck.

In brief: No...but
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Caren Reaves
In brief: No
The pressure in an airline cabin is normalized and if you are safe, baby is safe.

In brief: No
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Patrick Weix
Most do not recommend international airline travel over 35 weeks or domestic over 36 weeks.
Dr. Cindy Juster