We do not think acutane is safe. What is your opinion? What about lerosset? Any suggestions? Acne is really bad.

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology

In brief: See derm

I have treated patients for 29 years and had to stop Accutane only a few times.
I feel it is safe when you are monitored by your doctor.

In brief: See derm

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dr. Robert Jackson
Strongly agree with Dr. Jackson. Don't base your decisions about whether something is "safe" on a friend's anecdotes or something you read on the internet, where many people have no reason to tell the truth. Being a young adult is hard enough without acne to make it worse. You can trust your physician on this.
Dr. Peter Lio
Dermatology

In brief: Everything has risks

Car accidents are an enormous killer of young, healthy people, but are a risk that many are willing to take to get around quickly and easily.
Powerful medicines also have risks, and these must be balanced with the potential benefits. Accutane is certainly not for everyone, but for the right patient, with an experienced doctor, it can be a life-changing treatment that is often unmatched.

In brief: Everything has risks

Dr. Peter Lio
Dr. Peter Lio