I am in the late stages of cancer and want to know if it is safe for me to live with a cat if I am allergic to them?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Yes it is safe
There is no effect on your cancer.
If you are allergic to cats and live with them you will have allergy symptoms. You will need to take antihistamines; over the counter allergy medications.

In brief: Yes it is safe
There is no effect on your cancer.
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Cat allergy
Depends on how severe your allergy is to cats.
Pets can be a great comfort to you while you battle the cancer. If you love cats then i would advise you talk with your doctor or allergist about medication e.g. Antihistamines to help you tolerate the cat. Bring more comfort and joy into your life with having a cat pet. Also i believe there are some breeds of cat that are low allergy potential.

In brief: Cat allergy
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela