I have autoimmune neutropenia - my husband has novovirus - is there anything I should do to protect myself other than handwashing?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Wash hands....

All members of the house should be good about frequently washing of hands (hopefully there are doing this always while you are neutropenic).
Typically the infections we most worry about with neutropenia are bacterial related, but if you got a fever because of the norovirus you would most likely need to get evaluated (depending on how low your neutrophils counts are).

In brief: Wash hands....

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Michael Dugan
Internal Medicine - Hematology

In brief: Wash your hands

You probably don't have increased risk and this is an easily transferred infection.
As you probably know it storms through cruise ships.

In brief: Wash your hands

Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Michael Dugan
The national registry is for the rare condition of cyclic neutropenia