My wife was diagnosised with pancreatitis and she constantly in pain and keeps losing weight she 90 lbs. What can I do to help? She just turned 22.

Dr. Michel Kahaleh
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Pancreatitis

She need to see a pancreas expert who will repeat labs and imaging and decide if enteral feeding or other intervention are required.

In brief: Pancreatitis

Dr. Michel Kahaleh
Dr. Michel Kahaleh
Dr. Lewis Mufson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Weogh loss

Her loss of weight loss could be secondary to loss of pancreatic enzymes which aid digestion of fats and protien and their absorbtion.
Pancreatic enzyme supplementaion may help. But firat investigation of the cause of pancreatitis should be done.

In brief: Weogh loss

Dr. Lewis Mufson
Dr. Lewis Mufson
Dr. Adam Levy