I have a. Bump on my upper eyelid?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: See an eye doctor
Upper eyelid bumps can have different causes.
They can be infectious or inflammatory, or even arise without a specific reason. Each type of bump is treated differently, so your best chance for a quick recovery is to see your eye doctor. After a thorough examination, he/she can start the appropriate treatment.

In brief: See an eye doctor
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Christopher Coller
In brief: Stye or chalazion?
These are kind of like folliculitis for the eye-lashes usually caused by bacteria.
Start with warm compresses. Don't squeeze it. You can pick up some otc solution or ointment to use. If it's getting worse or not getting better, go see your doc to make sure that that's what it is. Xanthelasmas are cholesterol deposits in the eyelids that are benign and also on the differential.

In brief: Stye or chalazion?
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller