In january it will be 8months until I have done my ACL surgery. Does my muscle need to be exactly like my other leg so I can resume playing soccer?

Not Exactly. There is only one doc to answer that question and that is the orthopedic surgeon. He knows exactly what he did and how long you should delay playing soccer. In general the muscles do not need to be the exact strength in both legs to play. Usually one starts playing gently if possible and gradually get more active over time. Just check with your surgeon please! recovering slowly to normal.