I snore and my uvula has become elongated, inflamed, causing discomfort swallowing.  what can I do?

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Sleep Study
Swelling of the uvula is commonly associated with mouth breathing and sleep apnea.
You should be evaluated for sleep apnea especially if you have other risks such as obesity, daytime sleepiness, a family history of sleep apnea and a large neck (greater than 17 inches in men and 16 inches in women).

In brief: Sleep Study
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA
In brief: Tylenol/Sleep study
Temporary improvement in symptoms can be achieved with over the counter meds like tylenol (acetaminophen) and motrin.
But in a bigger picture you probably have issues with sleep called "obstructive sleep apnea" and you need a sleep study to see if you need a cpap. A device which will help you breathe better and sleep better. See your dr. To avoid other several major complications.

In brief: Tylenol/Sleep study
Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA
Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Chew on ice
Chewing on ice can be helpful, taking antiinflammatory medication can help.
It sounds like you need to see an ENT doctor for evaluation of your airway. I have operated on several patients with similar problems quite successfully.

In brief: Chew on ice
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology