My 5 month old has decreased appetite and passes stools 3 times a day (the usual for her is 1). Stools are normal, not runny. Could it be teething?

In brief: Probably not

Teething symptoms are not usually related to appetite or bowel movements.
If teething is the issue it may be the texture/feel of the food in the mouth that may keep your child from eating. Try food with different textures, flavors, or temperatures to see if appetite returns. If not then it could be something else and if she/he is not eating enough see the doctor.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Jason Clark
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Maybe

I can be hard to determine the exact cause of your infants symptoms.
.. It might be related to teething or it might be something else. Encourage fluids and monitor your child temperature.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jason Clark
Dr. Jason Clark
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Could be

Some children do get a low grade fever with teething.
If the rest of her behavior is basically normal then just give it more time. It is important to keep her hydrated with fluids. As long as she doesn't stop eating and drinking a day or two of reduced eating is no problem. If other behaviors change you should have her pediatrian check her out just to be sure she doesn't have a cold as well.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Steven Seres