How bad is the scarring from a breast lift?  

Subjective. Impossible to know what you would consider bad. One scar encircles the areola and a 2d extends straight from the 6:00 position of the first scar, to the fold at the bottom of the breast. The final scar quality depends completely on the individuals' skin physiology- so can be fine line, wide or thick. The first scar is usually camouflaged by being on the interface between the areola and skin.
Varies. Scar placement will vary by type of breast lift. The scar quality will depend on your skin type. Talk to your surgeon about your concerns.
Depends... Any surgical procedure can lead to scarring; the severity is mostly dependent upon the technical skill of the surgeon performing the procedure.
Varies. Many variables involved when it comes to how much scarring results from breast lifting surgery. For example, there are a variety of breast lift operations available, each with resulting scars. Generally speaking, the more breast ptosis (his sagging) is present, the more skin excision necessary during the breast lifting operation, the more the incision/scarring present. Others factors involved….
Breast Lift Scars. Breast lifts can be done with a variety of techniques which each leave a different type of scar. These include : benelli, crescent lift, and vertical scar. The benelli and the crescent lift leave the least amount of visible scarring in my opinion. Read more about it at my blog: http://www.Cosmeticsurg.Net/blog/2012/05/21/breast-lift-with-implants-which-technique-leaves-the-least-scars/.
Not too, but results. Vary, primarily b/c of the skin physiology, and patient perception. Always a scar around the areola which, since it's at a color transition zone, is less noticeable. The verticle scar is usually noticeable in bright light and has a tendency to spread regardless of how closed. In my experience, best scars follow closure with buried absorbable sutures+stainless clips if removed day 6 then kept taped.