What can I expect after endometrial ablation? 

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Cramping & discharge

In the first few hours it is normal to have cramping.
Over the next few days to weeks you may notice discharge as the destroyed endometrium passes. Over the next few months you should notice a gradual lightening of your cycle. Some patients do not show maximum benefit in the first few cycles so give it time. I hope you have a great result from this minimally invasive option for heavy periods.

In brief: Cramping & discharge

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology

In brief: Cramping, discharge

After an endometrial ablation, women have varying severity and duration of cramps and vaginal discharge.
The discharge is typically watery and clear and can last for several weeks. Once healing of the uterine lining is complete, most women experience lighter periods or even no periods.

In brief: Cramping, discharge

Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser