What tests are used to detect breast cancer? And should I be worried about the masses that were found?

Lumps in the breast . Commonly used tests to detect breast cancer include ...Mammography which is an x-ray of the breast, ultrasound of the breast and rarely MRI of the breast. A biopsy of the lump is the only way to confrim the final diagnosis of cancer. More than 80% of the breast lumps turn out to be benign on further testing.
Mammogram. Mammogram and ultrasound are the most common tests. There are many masses seen on these tests that are not cancerous. A biopsy is the definitive way to diagnosis a cancer. If a biopsy is recommended, please follow through with the recommendations. 80% of all biopsies performed have benign, noncancerous results.