Is redness a common sign of breast cancer?

Not in general. Redness is not a common sign of most breast cancers, but it can be seen in a rare but aggressive type called inflammatory breast cancer. Your doctor can help you distinguish this unfortunate cause of redness from allergic skin reactions or infection.
It can be. Redness of the breast is not usually seen in early breast cancer. But more advanced cancers can cause redness especially a type of cancer called inflammatory breast cancer. You should get yourself examined by a breast cancer specialist right away.