I am 43. Started smoking at 40 half pack per day how long before I die of cancer or other illnes?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Smoking and cancer

The longer the time you smoke and the amount of smoking you do determines your risk of dying of cancer.
If you stop now, you will not have a very much higher risk of cancer. No one knows when any one individual is going to die. It certainly is wise to stop smoking now.

In brief: Smoking and cancer

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Patrick Melder
Agree with above... at 40 I would ask why you started smoking...? It would certainly be wise to quit now.
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Any time now

Did i scare you enough for you to consider quitting? Smoking affects your health and financial well being and also those around you.
Who do you want to be incharge of your life - you or a rolled up paper stick that hurts you but makes the manufacturer a millionaire?

In brief: Any time now

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Vicken Poochikian