How much can I drink if I am pregnant ?

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: No safe amount.
There is no research that has identified a 'safe' amount of alcohol in pregancy.
You have to consider that everything you put in your mouth, you give to your baby. So it's probably better to abstain while pregnant.

In brief: No safe amount.
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
There's always sparkling apple or grape juice.
In brief: A bit
The official position of the american college of obstetricians and gynecologists is that you don't drink at all in pregnancy.
There's no data, however, to suggest that minimal alcohol intake is harmful to a baby. In europe light alcohol intake is not discouraged in pregnancy. Fetal alcohol syndrome is associated with heavy alcohol use. The official line is no alcohol at all.

In brief: A bit
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
The effects of alcohol in pregnancy is CUMULATIVE. As have been mentioned, there is no known safe levels of alcohol in pregnancy.
Dr. Jane Van Dis