I keep on coughing this prductive cough yet my ear hurts my head hurts my upper thighs hurts can you help telle what's wrong?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Chronic or acute?

If this cough is less than 3 weeks old, it is likely due to acute bronchitis of either viral or bacterial origin.
If it has been present for longer than this, the possible etiologies include bronchospasm of any etiology, post-nasal drip, gerd, or a combination of these factors. For diagnosis and treatment, see your doctor. If you smoke, your doctor can help you quit to decrease airway inflammation.

In brief: Chronic or acute?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: No, need more info

Your symptoms could be associated with a viral illness like influenza.
This can affect the respiratory system (productive cough), the sinuses and upper respiratory tract (ear pain), and cause muscle aches (thigh pain). But often high fevers and other complaints. To figure out what's going on you really need a detailed history of what's happening and a physical exam. See a health care provider.

In brief: No, need more info

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology