Back in my al apt after 2mo healing from fracture. What should change to decrease chance of falling again? Can I do recommended pt exercises alone?

Dr. Greg Hicken
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Fall proof the apt

Remove all extension cords and throw rugs from walkways.
Use lights at night. Put railings in bathrooms. Balance exercises should be done with care and supervision. Seated and supine exercises are fine.

In brief: Fall proof the apt

Dr. Greg Hicken
Dr. Greg Hicken
Dr. Scott m Smith
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Rehabilitation

Need to know more of the patient and the fracture.
Foremost protect the patient from surrounds. Remove rugs, place assistive devices, continue rehab to gain normal function, improve balance and strength. Should have help until stable and can function normally.

In brief: Rehabilitation

Dr. Scott m Smith
Dr. Scott m Smith
Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Yes, but

I would have ot occupational therapist come do eval for fall risks in apt, have pt come show you what exercises you can safely do alone.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez