Should I be concerned if I have reoccurring pain on the arches of my feet? What can I do?

Arch pain. Yes this is a concern because if your feet hurt it tends to interfer with your quality of life. In most cases pain in the arch is caused by wearing the wrong shoes which do not support the arch correctly during walking or exercising. You can get medical help to build special arch supports and diagnose illnesses. Getting shoes at a store that specializes in proper shoes and arch support may help.
Get diagnosed first. There are a number of things that can cause pain in the ankles and feet. This is a very nonspecific symptom. I recommend that someone pain in these areas should be seen by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon for a definitive diagnosis so that appropriate treatment can be started. You can find one in your area at www.Aofas.Org.