Quitting smoking at 66?

Yes, . Stopping smoking can only help your health. Most important is your desire to stop. There are many strategies to help, from nicotine patches/gum & various pharmaceutical meds to acupuncture & hypnosis.Exercise & relaxation helps.For more details on ways to quit see http://altmedicine.About.Com/od/therapiesfromrtoz/a/quit_smoking.Htm & www.Shareguide.Com/smoking.Html also see my comment. Good luck!
Go for it!! Better late than never. Check out smoking cessation programs at your local hospital. They usually include 1 on 1 assessment, group interactions, education about the process as well as support & medications. Quitting success rates tend to be higher when you join a smoking cessation program compared to doing it without support. Auricular acupuncture can also be very helpful in reducing cravings.