I am taking Prozac (fluoxetine) and I am really tiered. Should I change the drug?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Only when you can
Be sure that the medication is the cause.
Were you tired or prone to be tired before starting the prozac (fluoxetine)? Have you checked with your physician to see if there are possible medical issues that could cause tiredness. If the tiredness came after starting the prozac (fluoxetine), how soon after? If occuring early on it could be the medication or not enough time to clear tiredness from depression. Wait it out.

In brief: Only when you can
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
In brief: Not yet
If you recently started taking prozac, (fluoxetine) try to wait it out for a few weeks.
Many of the side effects become less as your body adjusts to the drug. If you have been on it for more than 6 to 8 weeks, talk to your doctor about trying another medication.

In brief: Not yet
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Eric Weisman