7mo old w gasping cough that sounds like its burning her throat. She can only sleep upright on my chest. I've tried all docs suggestions. Thoughts?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: ?Croup

If she is making the noise when she breathes in, then it sounds like it may be croup.
Croup makes the most awful barky noise like a seal barking, and when babies breath in makes a gasping noise called stridor. If you haven't tried massive humidity, (stand in shower x 10 minutes), try first. If no relief, bundle up and go outside in cold air a few minutes. If she is struggling to breath, er!

In brief: ?Croup

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: More Info

More information is needed, but r=this is susoicious for an asthmatic cough or tracheomalacia.
Check with your doctor to see if these have been addressed.

In brief: More Info

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Shontae Buffington