I quit taking 20mg celexa (citalopram) 5 days ago(took for 1yr) cold turkey and would like to stop 150mg trazodone(1 yr also). How and when should i?

Dr. Nelly Cohen

In brief: Wean off

These kind of meds are not recommended to quit cold turkey due to a possibility of serotonin withdrawal syndrome.
They should be slowly weaned off within at least one month. I would suggest you to speak with your physician about it.

In brief: Wean off

In brief: See your doctor

It is generally not advisable to stop any prescription medication "cold turkey", especially not antidepressants.
These medications are typically started at low doses and increased over time. When stopping them, most doctors advise tapering down the dose over time. I would contact your doctor for advice about changing your medication regimen.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Celexa/Trazodone

Concern, having been on them for that long, is withdrawal & more importantly, recurrence of the original symptoms they were prescribed to treat in the first place.

In brief: Celexa/Trazodone

Dr. Eric Weisman