What dosage can I take of extra strength tylenol (acetaminophen) 500mg when pregnant with a headache? Is 2 pills ok or 1.5?

Dr. Brad Douglas

In brief: See below

Maximum dosage of tylenol (acetaminophen) is 1000 mg every 6 hours for no more than 4000 mg every 24 hours.

In brief: See below

Dr. Brad Douglas
Dr. Brad Douglas
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Please ask your OB

But i tell my pts 2 at the most, u may need other meds for a ha and if it is new onset headache it needs to be worked up by a neurologist to r/o anything bad and i tell my pts if they were used to drinking coffee and they stopped then 1-2 cups per day, preferably 1 is ok because in some women the caffine withdrawl can trigger headaches and caffine is better than many meds for has, but ask your ob.

In brief: Please ask your OB

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Vikram Patel