A family member of mine has diabetes and has opensores on feet. What type of doctor should I see?

DO NOT DELAY. It is important to have your feet checked by your physician on a regular basis if you have diabetes. Diabetic patient should see a foot specialist (podiatrist)at least once a year) if you see an open sore on your fooot, call your primary care physician as soon as possible- do not delay, .
Diabetes/foot sores. It is urgent to see your family doctor, internest of other medical doctor asap. Sores of the foot in diabetes can have severe complications and can lead to amputation of the foot. Please see your doctor immedicately to get proper treatment.
A Podiatrist. Podiatrist to treat the sores on the feet. An endocronologist to make sure the diabetes is under control.