I have pttd and tendonitis in my left foot from rigid flat feet. I wear a custom brace, which helps. Am i a candidate for prp?

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Maybe not

PRP will help to heal any sort of degeneration or injury.
However, a rigid deformity will probably not respond to prp.

In brief: Maybe not

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz

In brief: Probably not

Due to the construct of your foot I do not think prp will help.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: No

Prp has been used in a number of situations to help heal tissues.
When you have a rigid deformity prp will not restore the motion and regeration of the tendons will not improve your situation. A custom brace such as an ankle foot arthosis or arizona brave are non-operative options. Operative treatmetn would consist of a hindfoot fusion.

In brief: No

Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: PRP

Prp has been controversial because it may or may not have a direct benefit for arthritis or posterior tibial tendon, although there are some clinical studies that show a benefit, there are just as many that show no clinical benefit.
For someone with rigid flatfoot, there would be little to no benefit for your deformity. Lastly, i know of no insurance coverage for prp.

In brief: PRP

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine