I have taken fluoxetine 20mg twice a day for 2 years. My sex drive declines over time. Is this permanent? How long to restore normal after quit it?

Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Within months

The sexual side effects of Prozac (fluoxetine) are not permanent, you should be back to normal within weeks or at the most a month as the medication bi products linger around for few weeks in your system. However be mindful of what Prozac (fluoxetine) was started for, have a detailed talk with your physician before doing anything.
There are other ways to improving your libido like switching to another or adding medication.

In brief: Within months

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Eric Weisman