How can I lose weight effectively and stay on it? Is there a special programme i could follow? I have trouble staying on a diet or exercise programme.

In brief: Healthy weight loss

When trying to lose weight, there is no easy answer unfortunately - only simple math.
You must burn more calories than you consume, which is easy to say but hard to do. Keep a diary of what you eat (there are several good phone apps for this), and exercise regularly. It's important to set realistic goals. Losing one pound a week is an attainable, sustainable strategy. Good luck!

In brief: Healthy weight loss

Dr. John Tillett
Dr. John Tillett
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine