How do I stop my period forever? Not for three months or a year, but forever! i would prefer naturally, but i want to know my choices regardless.

Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Surgery

Depo-provera will work, and if repeated every 12-13 weeks, will keep your period "away.
" Implanon is a device inserted under the skin for a year at a time, and will keep them away "permanently" if replaced at these intervals. A Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud will work for 5 years before it needs replacing. Endometrial ablation may stop periods, but is not always 100%. A hysterectomy is the only permanent method.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Hysterectomy

Surgical removal of the uterus would do oi; endometrial ablation would have a chance of doing it.
Maybe instead of having a period after 3 month pill just start the next active ones, there's nothing majical about the period ( if you are on the pill) they can be eliminated but you may have occasional bleeding. You may get lucky though. Good luck.

In brief: Hysterectomy

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Brad Douglas

In brief: See below

You can opt to have a hysterectomy - there is also an ablation technique too.

In brief: See below

Dr. Brad Douglas
Dr. Brad Douglas
Dr. Adam Levy