My 4 year old son has a 102 temp. No other symptoms. I gave him motrin 45 min. Ago. He's sleeping now but his temp still hasn't reduced! what can I do?

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)

You can give tylenol (acetaminophen) soon after, both meds are anti-pyretics, in that they reduce fever.
If it continues, regardless of other symptoms have him seen by pediatrician.

In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer

In brief: Let him sleep

Fever is a natural defense mechanism of the body designed to slow down infections, increase blood flow and speed healing antibody production.
Sleep is also one of the important tools for healing.He likely has a virus, and the fever will come and go.Meds seldom do more than take a degree off the top. If he wakes, is grumpy and its time for another dose give it.If he fells okay, let him be.

In brief: Let him sleep

Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: HYPERPYREXIA

Give him warm sponge bath so temp.
Will dessipate and plenty of fluids to lower fever. See md if persistent.

In brief: HYPERPYREXIA

Give him warm sponge bath so temp.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Shontae Buffington