Can arthritis in my back affect my arms and chest as in pain wise or maybe the nerves perspective of it?

Dr. Joseph Gregorace
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Osteoarthritis

Osteoarthritis of the lumbar spine (low back) can not affect the arms.
Most likely if you have arthritis in the lumbar spine then you can also have osteoarthritis of the cervical spine (neck) . This would affect your arms. A cervical spine x-ray/mri can determine if you have cervical spine spinal stenosis caused by arthritis. Good luck.

In brief: Osteoarthritis

Dr. Joseph Gregorace
Dr. Joseph Gregorace

In brief: Possibly

If the arthritis involves the neck then it is feasible that your upper extremity/chest symptoms can be related.
However, there are many other causes for your reported symptoms and thus you should see your doctor to investigate further.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Donald McCarren
Dr. Donald McCarren
Dr. Eric Weisman