I had a numb tongue for a few days and now it's sore at the tip and has started bleeding sometimes when i eat. Could this be serious?

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: Not likely

Soreness at the tip of the tongue that results in either localized pain, soreness or bleeding may be a result of the tongue rubbing against a rough tooth causing the irritation.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry

In brief: Could be

It is unusual for the tongue to be numb and to bleed when a person eats.
Infection, allergies or other irritations can create a problem like this. I would strongly advise that you have this looked at as soon as possible to prevent it from becoming a worse problem.

In brief: Could be

Dr. John Comisi
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. Eric Weisman