With a child on continuous o2, how far is a safe distance from gas stovetop? (o2 to trach via hme)

In brief: 10-15 feet?

There is not a standard rule regarding home oxygen use.
Some resources state that 5 feet is the closest one should get to a spark or flame. There are reports that fires have occurred with the oxygen 10 feet away from the flame, so keeping 10-15 feet away sounds like a safe distance. If the tank or valve springs a leak of pressurized oxygen, anything can happen, such as a huge explosion.

In brief: 10-15 feet?

2 comments
Dr. Paul Cohen
Although I agreed with the answer I have a better one(I think) oxygen and fire=bye bye so my advice would be to switch to elecric cooking; it only takes one ember to create a very open area in your home from the explosion that can result. Your local firefighters would completely agree!
Dr. Robert Fink
Oxygen is very safe and non-explosive (it can not explode). Oxygen will support faster burning of materials but not ignite them. Staying 3-5 feet from open flames is safe, just make sure the oxygen tubing does not come in contact with open flames.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey