My endo prescribe me 5 mg tapazole (methimazole) should I stop taking omega 3, vit ? Is there any natural treatment for grave desease ? I am scared with medication

Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Grave's Disease

You should not have any fears of taking tapazole (methimazole).
The medication has been around for over 30 years and works well for the treatment of grave's disease. There are no proven natural treatments for grave's disease. You should not stop omega 3s or vitamins, however, during your treatments. The disorder should resolve in 1-2 years and you should no longer need the tapazole (methimazole). Do not fear taking this.

In brief: Grave's Disease

Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Pathology

In brief: No games here

You are fortunate to have been diagnosed (i assume correctly) with graves', but you need the facts.
Untreated, graves' will first ruin your life and then kill you. We're awash with hucksters offering us "natural vitamin treatments", but those work best for emotionally-based symtoms. For what you have, the treatments (meds, radiation) are unpleasant but live-saving.

In brief: No games here

Dr. Adam Smith