How do you repair type i endoleak of AAA with secondary juxtarenal aa developed? The AAA size is 10.2 cm. My age is 76 yrs. Is the chimney method a long lasting solution? What anatomic criteria needs to be met for open surgery?

Dr. Andres Katz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Open conversion

A fenestrated graft is technically challenging but feasible in experienced hands, otherwise in this condition open conversion is an option.

In brief: Open conversion

Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Need details

It can sometimes be possible to treat juxta-renal aaa's with endovascular techniques but that does not mean that one should.
Pitfalls include loss of renal artery(s), mesenteric artery, and failure to exclude aneurysm resulting in a (now) harder open repair.I would be happy to review the images. Depending on health factors, open repair may be better --for one, you'll not need a ct scan again!

In brief: Need details

Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Dr. V Reddy
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: A palmaz stent

Stents and endovascular techniques are available; check with your vascular surgeon or interventional radiologist.

In brief: A palmaz stent

Dr. V Reddy
Dr. V Reddy
Dr. Tej Singh
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: This is tough

Need to see ct.
Chimney data is 2 years at best. Open surgery might be still best option. New stent devices are coming, would consider having a center look over your ct scan. Open surgery if the body can handle it, is still long term best. 10.2 is very large, i would favor open surgery.

In brief: This is tough

Need to see ct.
Dr. Tej Singh
Dr. Tej Singh
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery